At Valley Christian Junior High we are dedicated to the belief that God calls each of us (students and staff alike) to excellence in all areas of our lives. We are excited to open our school with this calling and expand the academic, spiritual, and extra-curricular experience we’ve been able to deliver to students at our high school since 1982.
Valley Christian Junior High focuses all aspects of the school around its mission statement. This includes our academics as well as our extra-curricular activities. Through all of this you will find faculty, students and staff who are passionately devoted to creating a Christ-centered environment that fosters spiritual growth as well as academic excellence. It is this pursuit that energizes our campus and community.
In addition to being challenged and prepared academically for high school, students have the opportunity to be involved in a wide-range of extra-curricular opportunities. These opportunities include spiritual and campus leadership, championship sports teams, award winning performance groups, and other activities that appeal to their unique talents and interests.
We invite you to consider Valley Christian so you can develop your interests and talents and connect with others. However, even more importantly, so you can be supported as you grow spiritually in a community with Christian role models and Biblical worldviews.
Yours in Christ,
Chris Fryar, Junior High Principal
The mission of Valley Christian is that students know Jesus Christ as their personal Savior, live like Him, and prepare academically, physically, socially and spiritually, so they are enabled to make a difference in the world.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the only inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Chris Fryar's Bio
Chris Fryar joined the Valley Christian family in January 2018 as the Junior High Principal to launch the first campus to welcome 6-8 grade students. Previously, the Lord led he and his family to serve over a decade at Brasilia International School in Brasilia, Brazil, as the Head of School. His leadership roles have also included Finance Director, Secondary Principal, Assistant Director, and classroom teacher as a member of the Network of International Christian Schools.
Chris grew up in Arkansas before spending a majority of his professional life in Tennessee. He has been married to his lovely wife Beverly for 22 years. She is also an educator having worked as a curriculum coordinator, science/math teacher, and has background in oncology as a research nurse. They have three wonderful children: Caleb, Negash, and Sarah-Bethany. Chris has a passion for youth ministry having graduated seminary and served in his church for many years along with inner-city youth programs.
Chris earned his Master’s – Educational Specialist from Union University and an additional Master’s in Christian Education from Liberty University. In 2016, he was accepted into the doctoral program at Union University where he is currently pursuing his Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.). Chris holds professional certifications with ACSI in the areas Bible instruction, All-Levels Principal, and Executive Director. He has participated and led several successful re-accreditation teams for both ACSI and AdvancED.
Chris enjoys running having participated in several full and half marathons, traveling, movies, college football, and spending time with his family.
- To enroll students who have accepted Christ as personal Savior and to nurture their Christian character.
- To study Scripture as the only infallible, inerrant Word of God.
- To study all subjects through the light of God’s Word.
- To help students confront the sin in their lives and respond obediently to Christ.
- To encourage students to develop Christian maturity by involvement in or with school activities.
- To equip students to be active witnesses for Christ.
- To emphasize high standards of morality.
- To train and discipline students with Christ’s redemptive love.
- To prepare and train students for college.
- To train students to be responsible citizens.
- To challenge students to use their abilities to their fullest potential.
- To motivate students to research and seek out answers independently.
- To encourage student creativity.